Swisselect ag basel has been mandated to recruit the Senior Director International Market Access & Reimbursement (m/f) for Genomic Health, the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of early-stage cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. The position is based in Geneva, Switzerland.
Senior Director International Market Access & Reimbursement
The Senior Director International Market Access & Reimbursement leads all international pricing, market access, reimbursement and government affairs' initiatives with a particular focus on EU, Canada and Japan, while also supporting other geographies together with his/her team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, International this person leads the reimbursement efforts by managing regional pricing & market access experts and consultants and pending on the country, may lead the effort directly. He/she will lead a team to develop the ex-US pricing and reimbursement strategies, as well as to coordinate and implement the required activities to prepare for the reimbursement of all products launched outside of the US. The successful candidate will closely work together with key functions in corporate headquarters in Redwood City, California
- Develops and coordinates the pricing, market access and reimbursement strategy to support reimbursement for all Genomic Health products across ex-US markets.
- Scope: delivers work across multiple countries, with focus on Genomic Health's seven key strategic markets EU-5, Canada and Japan.
- Plans, oversees and coordinates activities for submissions to reimbursement agencies for gaining market access and reimbursement for all product lines (Breast/Prostate)
- Plans, coordinate and participate in meetings/interactions with key stakeholders (such as politicians and key institutions) to support reimbursement
- Provides expert pricing and reimbursement advice to the company, reflecting current and coming healthcare systems and reimbursement pathways
- Leads the development of the international value dossiers and country reimbursement plans for new products
- Leads all pricing and market access activities including market access and pricing research for new products and pricing committees, including pricing for OOP (Out of Pocket) markets.
- Works closely with International Marketing, Medical Affairs, Distributor Managers, and Country Managers to align on activities to support reimbursement initiatives.
- Identifies ethical, innovative, customer-oriented ideas in response to changing market forces with Government and Reimbursement providers
- Develops and implements corporate (Pricing and contracting) policies and strategies with a bias for maximizing important resources including time, money, and return-on-investment.
- Responsible for the development and performance management of a team of pricing and reimbursement specialists who are directly responsible for the reimbursement efforts in their geographies.
TECHNICAL FLUENCY / JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven track record of access achievement within the health care industry, preferably in Germany and in France as well as other key strategic markets.
- Deep knowledge of health economics and outcome research methods with a good understanding of the oncology/pharma/diagnostics environment. IVD experience is of benefit.
- Deep understanding/knowledge of healthcare systems, reimbursement pathways and decision making in key international markets including EU, Japan and Canada.
- Relevant experience in all aspects of contract development and pricing negotiations,
- Extensive market access contracting and negotiation experience within the health care industry
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both written and oral. Beside English we require other European language skills: French and/or German are highly preferential.
- Experienced in implementing new business processes and driving organizational changes; mindset of continuous improvement. Coupled with excellent analytical skills and strong business acumen with a “can do attitude”
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with outside audiences as stakeholders, KOLs, including reimbursement agencies.
- Strong Team player who embraces a culture of open communication and who possesses the leadership skills to impact successful decisions as well as to attract, inspire and retain high caliber staff.
PROFESSIONALISM AND COMMITMENT:
- Committed to vision of GHI and its mission for all stakeholders, including patients.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development
- Adherent to corporate values.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL:
- Work Location is Geneva, Switzerland
- Travel Requirements are greater than 30 %
This is a highly attractive opportunity for a seasoned market access individual possessing sufficient regional knowledge and competence to “do it your own way!” If you are a high energy individual with a strong “can-do” mentality, please provide your application documents either via our portal or directly by mail. All applications will be treated in strict confidence and receive a personal response. Looking forward to hearing from you!
* With reference to the General Data Protection Regulation we require your written consent in order to process and store your personal data.
Your consent applies to the application procedure with swisselect group.
Please note that you can revoke your consent at any time.